Fork of Lua 5.1 to encourage end-user programming
You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
 
 
 
 

1433 lines
42 KiB

# .tlv file generated by https://github.com/akkartik/teliva
# You may edit it if you are careful; however, you may see cryptic errors if you
# violate Teliva's assumptions.
#
# .tlv files are representations of Teliva programs. Teliva programs consist of
# sequences of definitions. Each definition is a table of key/value pairs. Keys
# and values are both strings.
#
# Lines in .tlv files always follow exactly one of the following forms:
# - comment lines at the top of the file starting with '#' at column 0
# - beginnings of definitions starting with '- ' at column 0, followed by a
# key/value pair
# - key/value pairs consisting of ' ' at column 0, containing either a
# spaceless value on the same line, or a multi-line value
# - multiline values indented by more than 2 spaces, starting with a '>'
#
# If these constraints are violated, Teliva may unceremoniously crash. Please
# report bugs at http://akkartik.name/contact
- __teliva_timestamp: original
str_helpers:
>-- some string helpers from http://lua-users.org/wiki/StringIndexing
>
>-- index characters using []
>getmetatable('').__index = function(str,i)
> if type(i) == 'number' then
> return str:sub(i,i)
> else
> return string[i]
> end
>end
>
>-- ranges using (), selected bytes using {}
>getmetatable('').__call = function(str,i,j)
> if type(i)~='table' then
> return str:sub(i,j)
> else
> local t={}
> for k,v in ipairs(i) do
> t[k]=str:sub(v,v)
> end
> return table.concat(t)
> end
>end
>
>-- iterate over an ordered sequence
>function q(x)
> if type(x) == 'string' then
> return x:gmatch('.')
> else
> return ipairs(x)
> end
>end
>
>-- insert within string
>function string.insert(str1, str2, pos)
> return str1:sub(1,pos)..str2..str1:sub(pos+1)
>end
>
>function string.remove(s, pos)
> return s:sub(1,pos-1)..s:sub(pos+1)
>end
>
>function string.pos(s, sub)
> return string.find(s, sub, 1, true) -- plain=true to disable regular expressions
>end
>
>-- TODO: backport utf-8 support from Lua 5.3
- __teliva_timestamp: original
debugy:
>debugy = 5
- __teliva_timestamp: original
dbg:
>-- helper for debug by print; overlay debug information towards the right
>-- reset debugy every time you refresh screen
>function dbg(window, s)
> local oldy = 0
> local oldx = 0
> oldy, oldx = window:getyx()
> window:mvaddstr(debugy, 60, s)
> debugy = debugy+1
> window:mvaddstr(oldy, oldx, '')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check:
>function check(x, msg)
> if x then
> Window:addch('.')
> else
> print('F - '..msg)
> print(' '..str(x)..' is false/nil')
> teliva_num_test_failures = teliva_num_test_failures + 1
> -- overlay first test failure on editors
> if teliva_first_failure == nil then
> teliva_first_failure = msg
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check_eq:
>function check_eq(x, expected, msg)
> if eq(x, expected) then
> Window:addch('.')
> else
> print('F - '..msg)
> print(' expected '..str(expected)..' but got '..str(x))
> teliva_num_test_failures = teliva_num_test_failures + 1
> -- overlay first test failure on editors
> if teliva_first_failure == nil then
> teliva_first_failure = msg
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
eq:
>function eq(a, b)
> if type(a) ~= type(b) then return false end
> if type(a) == 'table' then
> if #a ~= #b then return false end
> for k, v in pairs(a) do
> if b[k] ~= v then
> return false
> end
> end
> for k, v in pairs(b) do
> if a[k] ~= v then
> return false
> end
> end
> return true
> end
> return a == b
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
str:
>-- smarter tostring
>-- slow; used only for debugging
>function str(x)
> if type(x) == 'table' then
> local result = ''
> result = result..#x..'{'
> for k, v in pairs(x) do
> result = result..str(k)..'='..str(v)..', '
> end
> result = result..'}'
> return result
> elseif type(x) == 'string' then
> return '"'..x..'"'
> end
> return tostring(x)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
find_index:
>function find_index(arr, x)
> for n, y in ipairs(arr) do
> if x == y then
> return n
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
trim:
>function trim(s)
> return s:gsub('^%s*', ''):gsub('%s*$', '')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
split:
>function split(s, d)
> result = {}
> for match in (s..d):gmatch("(.-)"..d) do
> table.insert(result, match);
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
map:
>-- only for arrays
>function map(l, f)
> result = {}
> for _, x in ipairs(l) do
> table.insert(result, f(x))
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
reduce:
>-- only for arrays
>function reduce(l, f, init)
> result = init
> for _, x in ipairs(l) do
> result = f(result, x)
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
filter:
>function filter(h, f)
> result = {}
> for k, v in pairs(h) do
> if f(k, v) then
> result[k] = v
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
ifilter:
>-- only for arrays
>function ifilter(l, f)
> result = {}
> for _, x in ipairs(l) do
> if f(x) then
> table.insert(result, x)
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
sort_letters:
>function sort_letters(s)
> tmp = {}
> for i=1,#s do
> table.insert(tmp, s[i])
> end
> table.sort(tmp)
> local result = ''
> for _, c in pairs(tmp) do
> result = result..c
> end
> return result
>end
>
>function test_sort_letters(s)
> check_eq(sort_letters(''), '', 'test_sort_letters: empty')
> check_eq(sort_letters('ba'), 'ab', 'test_sort_letters: non-empty')
> check_eq(sort_letters('abba'), 'aabb', 'test_sort_letters: duplicates')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
count_letters:
>-- TODO: handle unicode
>function count_letters(s)
> local result = {}
> for i=1,s:len() do
> local c = s[i]
> if result[c] == nil then
> result[c] = 1
> else
> result[c] = result[c] + 1
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
count:
>-- turn an array of elements into a map from elements to their frequency
>-- analogous to count_letters for non-strings
>function count(a)
> local result = {}
> for i, v in ipairs(a) do
> if result[v] == nil then
> result[v] = 1
> else
> result[v] = result[v] + 1
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
union:
>function union(a, b)
> for k, v in pairs(b) do
> a[k] = v
> end
> return a
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
subtract:
>-- set subtraction
>function subtract(a, b)
> for k, v in pairs(b) do
> a[k] = nil
> end
> return a
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
all:
>-- universal quantifier on sets
>function all(s, f)
> for k, v in pairs(s) do
> if not f(k, v) then
> return false
> end
> end
> return true
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
to_array:
>-- turn a set into an array
>-- drops values
>function to_array(h)
> local result = {}
> for k, _ in pairs(h) do
> table.insert(result, k)
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
append:
>-- concatenate list 'elems' into 'l', modifying 'l' in the process
>function append(l, elems)
> for i=1,#elems do
> table.insert(l, elems[i])
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
prepend:
>-- concatenate list 'elems' into the start of 'l', modifying 'l' in the process
>function prepend(l, elems)
> for i=1,#elems do
> table.insert(l, i, elems[i])
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
all_but:
>function all_but(x, idx)
> if type(x) == 'table' then
> local result = {}
> for i, elem in ipairs(x) do
> if i ~= idx then
> table.insert(result,elem)
> end
> end
> return result
> elseif type(x) == 'string' then
> if idx < 1 then return x:sub(1) end
> return x:sub(1, idx-1) .. x:sub(idx+1)
> else
> error('all_but: unsupported type '..type(x))
> end
>end
>
>function test_all_but()
> check_eq(all_but('', 0), '', 'all_but: empty')
> check_eq(all_but('abc', 0), 'abc', 'all_but: invalid low index')
> check_eq(all_but('abc', 4), 'abc', 'all_but: invalid high index')
> check_eq(all_but('abc', 1), 'bc', 'all_but: first index')
> check_eq(all_but('abc', 3), 'ab', 'all_but: final index')
> check_eq(all_but('abc', 2), 'ac', 'all_but: middle index')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
set:
>function set(l)
> local result = {}
> for i, elem in ipairs(l) do
> result[elem] = true
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
set_eq:
>function set_eq(l1, l2)
> return eq(set(l1), set(l2))
>end
>
>function test_set_eq()
> check(set_eq({1}, {1}), 'set_eq: identical')
> check(not set_eq({1, 2}, {1, 3}), 'set_eq: different')
> check(set_eq({1, 2}, {2, 1}), 'set_eq: order')
> check(set_eq({1, 2, 2}, {2, 1}), 'set_eq: duplicates')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
clear:
>function clear(lines)
> while #lines > 0 do
> table.remove(lines)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
zap:
>function zap(target, src)
> clear(target)
> append(target, src)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
mfactorial:
>-- memoized version of factorial
>-- doesn't memoize recursive calls, but may be good enough
>mfactorial = memo1(factorial)
- __teliva_timestamp: original
factorial:
>function factorial(n)
> local result = 1
> for i=1,n do
> result = result*i
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
memo1:
>-- a higher-order function that takes a function of a single arg
>-- (that never returns nil)
>-- and returns a memoized version of it
>function memo1(f)
> local memo = {}
> return function(x)
> if memo[x] == nil then
> memo[x] = f(x)
> end
> return memo[x]
> end
>end
>
>-- mfactorial doesn't seem noticeably faster
>function test_memo1()
> for i=0,30 do
> check_eq(mfactorial(i), factorial(i), 'memo1 over factorial: '..str(i))
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
num_permutations:
>-- number of permutations of n distinct objects, taken r at a time
>function num_permutations(n, r)
> return factorial(n)/factorial(n-r)
>end
>
>-- mfactorial doesn't seem noticeably faster
>function test_memo1()
> for i=0,30 do
> for j=0,i do
> check_eq(num_permutations(i, j), mfactorial(i)/mfactorial(i-j), 'num_permutations memoizes: '..str(i)..'P'..str(j))
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
menu:
>-- To show app-specific hotkeys in the menu bar, add hotkey/command
>-- arrays of strings to the menu array.
>menu = {}
- __teliva_timestamp: original
Window:
>Window = curses.stdscr()
- __teliva_timestamp: original
window:
>-- constructor for fake screen and window
>-- call it like this:
>-- local w = window{
>-- kbd=kbd('abc'),
>-- scr=scr{h=5, w=4},
>-- }
>-- eventually it'll do everything a real ncurses window can
>function window(h)
> h.__index = h
> setmetatable(h, h)
> h.__index = function(table, key)
> return rawget(h, key)
> end
> h.attrset = function(self, x)
> self.scr.attrs = x
> end
> h.attron = function(self, x)
> -- currently same as attrset since Lua 5.1 doesn't have bitwise operators
> -- doesn't support multiple attrs at once
>-- local old = self.scr.attrs
>-- self.scr.attrs = old|x
> self.scr.attrs = x
> end
> h.attroff = function(self, x)
> -- currently borked since Lua 5.1 doesn't have bitwise operators
> -- doesn't support multiple attrs at once
>-- local old = self.scr.attrs
>-- self.scr.attrs = old & (~x)
> self.scr.attrs = curses.A_NORMAL
> end
> h.getch = function(self)
> local c = table.remove(h.kbd, 1)
> if c == nil then return c end
> return string.byte(c) -- for verisimilitude with ncurses
> end
> h.addch = function(self, c)
> local scr = self.scr
> if c == '\n' then
> scr.cursy = scr.cursy+1
> scr.cursx = 0
> return
> end
> if scr.cursy <= scr.h then
> scr[scr.cursy][scr.cursx] = {data=c, attrs=scr.attrs}
> scr.cursx = scr.cursx+1
> if scr.cursx > scr.w then
> scr.cursy = scr.cursy+1
> scr.cursx = 1
> end
> end
> end
> h.addstr = function(self, s)
> for i=1,s:len() do
> self:addch(s[i])
> end
> end
> h.mvaddch = function(self, y, x, c)
> self.scr.cursy = y
> self.scr.cursx = x
> self:addch(c)
> end
> h.mvaddstr = function(self, y, x, s)
> self.scr.cursy = y
> self.scr.cursx = x
> self:addstr(s)
> end
> h.clear = function(self)
> clear_scr(self.scr)
> end
> h.refresh = function(self)
> -- nothing
> end
> return h
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
kbd:
>function kbd(keys)
> local result = {}
> for i=1,keys:len() do
> table.insert(result, keys[i])
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
scr:
>function scr(props)
> props.cursx = 1
> props.cursy = 1
> clear_scr(props)
> return props
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
clear_scr:
>function clear_scr(props)
> props.cursy = 1
> props.cursx = 1
> for y=1,props.h do
> props[y] = {}
> for x=1,props.w do
> props[y][x] = {data=' ', attrs=curses.A_NORMAL}
> end
> end
> return props
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check_screen:
>function check_screen(window, contents, message)
> local x, y = 1, 1
> for i=1,contents:len() do
> check_eq(window.scr[y][x].data, contents[i], message..'/'..y..','..x)
> x = x+1
> if x > window.scr.w then
> y = y+1
> x = 1
> end
> end
>end
>
>-- putting it all together, an example test of both keyboard and screen
>function test_check_screen()
> local lines = {
> c='123',
> d='234',
> a='345',
> b='456',
> }
> local w = window{
> kbd=kbd('abc'),
> scr=scr{h=3, w=5},
> }
> local y = 1
> while true do
> local b = w:getch()
> if b == nil then break end
> w:mvaddstr(y, 1, lines[string.char(b)])
> y = y+1
> end
> check_screen(w, '345 '..
> '456 '..
> '123 ',
> 'test_check_screen')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check_reverse:
>function check_reverse(window, contents, message)
> local x, y = 1, 1
> for i=1,contents:len() do
> if contents[i] ~= ' ' then
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & curses.A_REVERSE, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check_eq(window.scr[y][x].attrs, curses.A_REVERSE, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> else
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & (~curses.A_REVERSE), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check(window.scr[y][x].attrs ~= curses.A_REVERSE, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> end
> x = x+1
> if x > window.scr.w then
> y = y+1
> x = 1
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check_bold:
>function check_bold(window, contents, message)
> local x, y = 1, 1
> for i=1,contents:len() do
> if contents[i] ~= ' ' then
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & curses.A_BOLD, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check_eq(window.scr[y][x].attrs, curses.A_BOLD, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> else
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & (~curses.A_BOLD), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check(window.scr[y][x].attrs ~= curses.A_BOLD, message..'/'..y..','..x)
> end
> x = x+1
> if x > window.scr.w then
> y = y+1
> x = 1
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
check_color:
>-- check which parts of a screen have the given color_pair
>function check_color(window, cp, contents, message)
> local x, y = 1, 1
> for i=1,contents:len() do
> if contents[i] ~= ' ' then
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & curses.color_pair(cp), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check_eq(window.scr[y][x].attrs, curses.color_pair(cp), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> else
> -- hacky version while we're without bitwise operators on Lua 5.1
>-- check(window.scr[y][x].attrs & (~curses.A_BOLD), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> check(window.scr[y][x].attrs ~= curses.color_pair(cp), message..'/'..y..','..x)
> end
> x = x+1
> if x > window.scr.w then
> y = y+1
> x = 1
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
sep:
>-- horizontal separator
>function sep(window)
> local y, _ = window:getyx()
> window:mvaddstr(y+1, 0, '')
> local _, cols = window:getmaxyx()
> for col=1,cols do
> window:addstr('_')
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
render:
>function render(window)
> window:clear()
> -- draw stuff to screen here
> window:attron(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:mvaddstr(1, 5, "example app")
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> for i=0,15 do
> window:attrset(curses.color_pair(i))
> window:mvaddstr(3+i, 5, "========================")
> end
> window:refresh()
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
update:
>function update(window)
> local key = window:getch()
> -- process key here
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
doc:blurb:
>A REPL for queries about a graph in a .dot file.
- __teliva_timestamp: original
main:
>function main()
> if #arg == 0 then
> Window:clear()
> print('restart this app with the name of a .dot file')
> Window:refresh()
> while true do Window:getch(); end
> end
> Graph = read_dot_file(arg[1])
>
> while true do
> render(Window)
> update(Window)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
Graph:
>Graph = {}
- __teliva_timestamp: original
read_dot_file:
>function read_dot_file(filename)
> local graph = {}
> local infile = start_reading(nil, filename)
> if infile then
> local chars = graphviz_buffered_reader(infile)
> local tokens = graphviz_tokenizer(chars)
> parse_graph(tokens, graph)
> end
> return graph
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
graphviz_buffered_reader:
>-- a stream of characters that can peek up to two characters ahead at a time
>-- returns nil when there's nothing left to read
>function graphviz_buffered_reader(infile)
> return {
> infile = infile,
> peek = infile.read(1),
> peek2 = infile.read(1),
> read = function(self)
> local result = self.peek
> self.peek = self.peek2
> self.peek2 = self.infile.read(1)
> return result
> end,
> }
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
graphviz_tokenizer:
>-- a stream of tokens that can peek up to one token at a time
>-- returns nil when there's nothing left to read
>function graphviz_tokenizer(chars)
> return {
> chars = chars,
> peek = function(self)
> if not self.buffer then
> self.buffer = self:next_token()
> end
> return self.buffer
> end,
> read = function(self)
> local result
> if self.buffer then
> result = self.buffer
> self.buffer = nil
> else
> result = self:next_token()
> end
> return result
> end,
> next_token = function(self)
> self:skip_whitespace_and_comments()
> local c = self.chars.peek
> if c == nil then return nil end
> if string.pos('/*;,', c) then
> -- should be skipped as comments
> error('unexpected character '..c)
> elseif string.pos('[]{}():=', c) then
> -- single-char tokens
> return self.chars:read()
> elseif c == '"' then
> return self:string()
> elseif c == '<' then
> error('html strings are not implemented yet')
> elseif c == '-' then
> if self.chars.peek2 == '-' or self.chars.peek2 == '>' then
> return self:edgeop()
> else
> return self:numeral()
> end
> elseif string.pos('.0123456789', c) then
> return self:numeral()
> elseif string.match(c, '[%a_]') then
> return self:identifier()
> else
> error('unexpected character '..str(c))
> end
> end,
> skip_whitespace_and_comments = function(self)
> while true do
> local c = self.chars.peek
> if c == nil then
> break -- end of chars
> elseif string.match(c, '%s') then
> self.chars:read()
> elseif string.pos(',;', c) then
> self.chars:read()
> elseif c == '#' then
> self.chars:read() -- skip
> while self.chars:read() ~= '\n' do end
> elseif c == '/' then
> local c2 = self.chars.peek2
> if c2 == '*' then
> self.chars:read() -- skip '/'
> self.chars:read() -- skip '*'
> while true do
> if self.chars.peek == '*' and self.chars.peek2 == '/' then
> self.chars:read() -- skip '*'
> self.chars:read() -- skip '/'
> break
> end
> end
> elseif c2 == '/' then
> self.chars:read() -- skip '/'
> self.chars:read() -- skip '/'
> while self.chars:read() ~= '\n' do end
> else
> error('unexpected character after "/": '..c)
> end
> else
> break
> end
> end
> end,
> string = function(self)
> assert(self.chars.peek == '"')
> local result = self.chars:read()
> while true do
> local c = self.chars.peek
> if c == nil then
> error('unterminated string literal')
> end
> result = result..self.chars:read()
> if c == '\\' then
> result = result..self.chars:read() -- unconditionally read next char
> elseif c == '"' then
> break
> end
> end
> return result
> end,
> numeral = function(self)
> local result = ''
> while true do
> local c = self.chars.peek
> if c == nil then
> return result
> elseif string.pos('-.0123456789', c) then
> result = result..self.chars:read()
> else
> break
> end
> end
> if string.match(self.chars.peek, '%w') then
> error('invalid character after numeral '..result)
> end
> return result
> end,
> identifier = function(self)
> local result = ''
> while true do
> local c = self.chars.peek
> if c == nil then
> error('unterminated string literal')
> elseif string.match(c, '[%w_]') then
> result = result..self.chars:read()
> else
> break
> end
> end
> return result
> end,
> edgeop = function(self)
> return self.chars:read()..self.chars:read()
> end,
> }
>end
>
>function check_tokenizer(stream, expected, msg)
> local infile = fake_file_stream(stream)
> local chars = graphviz_buffered_reader(infile)
> local tokens = graphviz_tokenizer(chars)
> check_eq(tokens:read(), expected, msg)
>end
>
>function test_graphviz_tokenizer()
> check_tokenizer('123', '123', 'tokenizer: numeral')
> check_tokenizer(' 123', '123', 'tokenizer: skips whitespace')
> check_tokenizer('123 124', '123', 'tokenizer: numeral')
> check_tokenizer('-12.3 124', '-12.3', 'tokenizer: numeral')
> check_tokenizer('a123 124', 'a123', 'tokenizer: identifier')
> check_tokenizer('"abc def" 124', '"abc def"', 'tokenizer: string')
> check_tokenizer('', nil, 'tokenizer: eof')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp: original
parse_graph:
>-- https://graphviz.org/doc/info/lang.html
>function parse_graph(tokens, graph)
> local t = tokens:read()
> if t == 'strict' then
> t = tokens:read()
> end
> if t == 'graph' then
> error('undirected graphs not supported just yet')
> elseif t == 'digraph' then
> return parse_directed_graph(tokens, graph)
> else
> error('parse_graph: unexpected token '..t)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 16:52:39 2022
skip_attr_list:
>function skip_attr_list(tokens)
> while true do
> local tok = tokens:read()
> if tok == nil then
> error('unterminated attr list; looked for "]" in vain')
> end
> if tok == ']' then break end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:01:49 2022
parse_directed_graph:
>function parse_directed_graph(tokens, graph)
> tokens:read() -- skip name
> assert(tokens:read() == '{')
> while true do
> if tokens:peek() == nil then
> error('file not terminated with "}"')
> end
> if tokens:peek() == '}' then break end
> local tok1 = tokens:read()
> if tok1 == '[' then
> skip_attr_list(tokens)
> else
> local tok2 = tokens:read()
> if tok2 == '[' then
> -- node_stmt
> skip_attr_list(tokens)
> -- otherwise ignore node declarations;
> -- we'll assume the graph is fully connected
> -- and we can focus on just edges
> elseif tok2 == '->' then
> -- edge_stmt
> local tok3 = tokens:read()
> if graph[tok1] == nil then
> graph[tok1] = {}
> end
> graph[tok1][tok3] = true
> elseif tok2 == '--' then
> error('unexpected token "--" in digraph; edges should be directed using "->"')
> elseif tok2 == '=' then
> -- id '=' id
> -- skip
> tokens:read()
> else
> error('unexpected token '..tok2)
> end
> end
> end
> assert(tokens:read() == '}')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:21:16 2022
Focus:
>-- The focus is a set of nodes we're constantly running
>-- certain queries against.
>Focus = {}
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:21:40 2022
Graph:
>-- The set of edges parsed from the given .dot file.
>Graph = {}
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:29:25 2022
render_focus:
>function render_focus(window)
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:mvaddstr(5, 1, 'focus: ')
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> for _, node in ipairs(Focus) do
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
>
> window:mvaddstr(8, 0, '')
> local lines, cols = window:getmaxyx()
> for col=1,cols do
> window:addstr('_')
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:30:11 2022
render_queries_on_focus:
>function render_queries_on_focus(window)
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:mvaddstr(10, 1, '')
> -- TODO
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:30:39 2022
render:
>function render(window)
> window:clear()
> render_basic_stats(window)
> render_focus(window)
> render_queries_on_focus(window)
> window:refresh()
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:35:20 2022
sources:
>function sources(Graph)
> local is_target = {}
> for source, targets in pairs(Graph) do
> for target, _ in pairs(targets) do
> is_target[target] = true
> end
> end
> local result = {}
> for source, _ in pairs(Graph) do
> if not is_target[source] then
> table.insert(result, source)
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:35:57 2022
render_basic_stats:
>function render_basic_stats(window)
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:mvaddstr(1, 1, 'sources: ')
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> local sources = sources(Graph)
> for _, node in ipairs(sources) do
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
> window:mvaddstr(3, 0, '')
> local lines, cols = window:getmaxyx()
> for col=1,cols do
> window:addstr('_')
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:51:18 2022
main:
>function main()
> if #arg == 0 then
> Window:clear()
> print('restart this app with the name of a .dot file')
> Window:refresh()
> while true do Window:getch(); end
> end
> for _, filename in ipairs(arg) do
> read_dot_file(filename, Graph)
> end
>
> while true do
> render(Window)
> update(Window)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 17:51:32 2022
read_dot_file:
>function read_dot_file(filename, graph)
> local infile = start_reading(nil, filename)
> if infile then
> local chars = graphviz_buffered_reader(infile)
> local tokens = graphviz_tokenizer(chars)
> parse_graph(tokens, graph)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 18:59:24 2022
count:
>function count(h)
> local result = 0
> for k, v in pairs(h) do
> result = result+1
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 18:59:24 2022
num_nodes:
>function num_nodes(Graph)
> local nodes = {}
> for k, v in pairs(Graph) do
> nodes[k] = true
> for k, v in pairs(v) do
> nodes[k] = true
> end
> end
> local result = 0
> for k, v in pairs(nodes) do
> result = result+1
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 19:00:19 2022
render_basic_stats:
>function render_basic_stats(window)
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:mvaddstr(1, 1, 'sources: ')
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> local sources = sources(Graph)
> for _, node in ipairs(sources) do
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:addstr('size: ')
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> window:addstr(tostring(num_nodes(Graph)))
> window:addstr(' nodes')
> window:mvaddstr(3, 0, '')
> local lines, cols = window:getmaxyx()
> for col=1,cols do
> window:addstr('_')
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 19:01:49 2022
main:
>function main()
> if #arg == 0 then
> Window:clear()
> print('restart this app with the name of a .dot file')
> Window:refresh()
> while true do Window:getch(); end
> end
> for _, filename in ipairs(arg) do
> read_dot_file(filename, Graph)
> end
> Focus = sources(Graph)
>
> while true do
> render(Window)
> update(Window)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 19:09:56 2022
reachable:
>function reachable(graph, node)
> local reached = {}
> local todo = {node}
> while #todo > 0 do
> local curr = table.remove(todo)
> if reached[curr] == nil then
> reached[curr] = true
> local targets = graph[curr]
> if targets then
> for target, _ in pairs(graph[curr]) do
> table.insert(todo, target)
> end
> end
> end
> end
> return reached
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 20:27:16 2022
bold:
>function bold(window, text)
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> window:addstr(text)
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 20:30:39 2022
render_queries_on_focus:
>function render_queries_on_focus(window)
> render_reachable_sets(window)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 20:30:39 2022
render_reachable_sets:
>function render_reachable_sets(window)
> local deps = {}
> local needed_by = {}
> for _, node in ipairs(Focus) do
> deps[node] = reachable(Graph, node)
> for dep, _ in pairs(deps[node]) do
> if needed_by[dep] == nil then
> needed_by[dep] = {}
> end
> append(needed_by[dep], {node})
> end
> end
> for k, v in ipairs(needed_by) do
> table.sort(v)
> end
> window:mvaddstr(10, 0, '')
> local sets = {Focus} -- queue
> local done = {}
> while #sets > 0 do
> local from_nodes = table.remove(sets, 1)
> if #from_nodes == 0 then break end
> table.sort(from_nodes)
> local key = table.concat(from_nodes)
> if done[key] == nil then
> done[key] = true
> local y, x = window:getyx()
> window:mvaddstr(y+2, 0, '')
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> render_list(window, from_nodes)
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> window:addstr(' -> ')
> render_set(window, filter(needed_by, function(node, users) return set_eq(users, from_nodes) end))
> for i, elem in ipairs(from_nodes) do
> table.insert(sets, all_but(from_nodes, i))
> end
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 20:32:18 2022
render_list:
>function render_list(window, l)
> window:addstr('{')
> for i, node in ipairs(l) do
> if i > 1 then window:addstr(' ') end
> window:addstr(node)
> end
> window:addstr('}')
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Fri Mar 18 20:32:18 2022
render_set:
>function render_set(window, h)
> window:addstr('(')
> window:addstr(count(h))
> window:addstr(') ')
> for node, _ in pairs(h) do
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 09:19:10 2022
main:
>function main()
> if #arg == 0 then
> Window:clear()
> print('restart this app with the name of a .dot file')
> Window:refresh()
> while true do Window:getch(); end
> end
> for _, filename in ipairs(arg) do
> read_dot_file(filename, Graph)
> end
> Focus = sources(Graph)
> Nodes = toposort(Graph)
>
> while true do
> render(Window)
> update(Window)
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 09:32:33 2022
nodes:
>function nodes(graph)
> local result = {}
> for n, deps in pairs(graph) do
> result[n] = true
> for n, _ in pairs(deps) do
> result[n] = true
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 16:27:32 2022
toposort:
>-- stable sort of nodes in a graph
>-- nodes always occur before all their dependencies
>-- disconnected nodes are in alphabetical order
>function toposort(graph)
> -- non-map variables are arrays
> -- result = leaves in graph
> -- candidates = non-leaves
> local result = {}
> local resultMap = {}
> local candidatesMap = nodes(graph)
> local leavesMap = filter(candidatesMap, function(k, v) return graph[k] == nil end)
> local leaves = to_array(leavesMap)
> table.sort(leaves)
> union(resultMap, leavesMap)
> prepend(result, leaves)
> subtract(candidatesMap, leavesMap)
>
> function in_result(x, _) return resultMap[x] end
> function all_deps_in_result(k, _) return all(graph[k], in_result) end
> while true do
> local oldcount = count(candidatesMap)
> if oldcount == 0 then break end
> local inducteesMap = filter(candidatesMap, all_deps_in_result)
> local inductees = to_array(inducteesMap)
> table.sort(inductees)
> union(resultMap, inducteesMap)
> prepend(result, inductees)
> subtract(candidatesMap, inducteesMap)
> if oldcount == count(candidatesMap) then
> error('toposort: graph is not connected')
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 16:32:24 2022
render_focus:
>function render_focus(window)
> local y, _ = window:getyx()
> window:mvaddstr(y+1, 0, '')
> bold(window, 'focus: ')
> for _, node in ipairs(Focus) do
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
> sep(window)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 16:33:19 2022
render_basic_stats:
>function render_basic_stats(window)
> bold(window, tostring(#Nodes)..' nodes: ')
> for i, node in ipairs(Nodes) do
> window:attrset(curses.A_REVERSE)
> window:addstr(i)
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> window:addstr(' ')
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> end
> sep(window)
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 16:35:34 2022
render_reachable_sets:
>function render_reachable_sets(window)
> local deps = {}
> local needed_by = {}
> for _, node in ipairs(Focus) do
> deps[node] = reachable(Graph, node)
> for dep, _ in pairs(deps[node]) do
> if needed_by[dep] == nil then
> needed_by[dep] = {}
> end
> append(needed_by[dep], {node})
> end
> end
> for k, v in ipairs(needed_by) do
> table.sort(v)
> end
> local sets = {Focus} -- queue
> local done = {}
> while #sets > 0 do
> local from_nodes = table.remove(sets, 1)
> if #from_nodes == 0 then break end
> table.sort(from_nodes)
> local key = table.concat(from_nodes)
> if done[key] == nil then
> done[key] = true
> local y, x = window:getyx()
> window:mvaddstr(y+2, 0, '')
> window:attrset(curses.A_BOLD)
> render_list(window, from_nodes)
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> window:addstr(' -> ')
> render_set(window, filter(needed_by, function(node, users) return set_eq(users, from_nodes) end))
> for i, elem in ipairs(from_nodes) do
> table.insert(sets, all_but(from_nodes, i))
> end
> end
> end
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 21:05:05 2022
toposort:
>-- stable sort of nodes in a graph
>-- nodes always occur before all their dependencies
>-- disconnected nodes are in alphabetical order
>function toposort(graph)
> -- non-map variables are arrays
> -- result = leaves in graph
> -- candidates = non-leaves
> local inResultMap = {}
> local candidatesMap = nodes(graph)
> local leavesMap = filter(candidatesMap, function(k, v) return graph[k] == nil end)
> local leaves = to_array(leavesMap)
> table.sort(leaves)
> union(inResultMap, leavesMap)
> local result = {leaves}
> subtract(candidatesMap, leavesMap)
>
> function in_result(x, _) return inResultMap[x] end
> function all_deps_in_result(k, _) return all(graph[k], in_result) end
> while true do
> local oldcount = count(candidatesMap)
> if oldcount == 0 then break end
> local inducteesMap = filter(candidatesMap, all_deps_in_result)
> local inductees = to_array(inducteesMap)
> table.sort(inductees)
> union(inResultMap, inducteesMap)
> table.insert(result, 1, inductees)
> subtract(candidatesMap, inducteesMap)
> if oldcount == count(candidatesMap) then
> error('toposort: graph is not connected')
> end
> end
> return result
>end
- __teliva_timestamp:
>Sat Mar 19 21:05:57 2022
render_basic_stats:
>function render_basic_stats(window)
> bold(window, tostring(#Nodes)..' nodes:')
> local i = 1
> for _, stratum in ipairs(Nodes) do
> window:addstr('\n ')
> for _, node in ipairs(stratum) do
> window:attrset(curses.A_REVERSE)
> window:addstr(i)
> window:attrset(curses.A_NORMAL)
> window:addstr(' ')
> window:addstr(node)
> window:addstr(' ')
> i = i+1
> end
> end
> sep(window)
>end