||1 year ago|
|.gitignore||2 years ago|
|LICENSE||2 years ago|
|README.md||2 years ago|
|av98.py||1 year ago|
|setup.py||1 year ago|
AV-98 is an experimental client for the Gemini protocol. It is derived from the gopher client VF-1 by the same author. AV-98 is "experimental" in the sense that it may occasionally extend or deviate from the official Gemini specification for the purposes of, well, experimentation. Despite this, it is expected to be stable enough for regular daily use at the same time.
AV-98 has no "strict dependencies", i.e. it will run and work without anything else beyond the Python standard library. However, it will "opportunistically import" a few other libraries if they are available to offer an improved experience.
- The ansiwrap library may result in neater display of text which makes use of ANSI escape codes to control colour.
- The cryptography library will provide a better and slightly more secure experience when using the default TOFU certificate validation mode and is highly recommended.
- TOFU or CA server certificate validation
- Extensive client certificate support if an
opensslbinary is available
- Ability to specify external handler programs for different MIME types
- Gopher proxy support (e.g. for use with Agena)
- Advanced navigation tools like
mark(as per VF-1)
- IPv6 support
- Supports any character encoding recognised by Python
You use the
go command to visit a URL, e.g.
Links in Gemini documents are assigned numerical indices. Just type an index to follow that link.
If a Gemini document is too long to fit on your screen, use the
to pipe it to the
help command to learn about additional commands.