You cannot select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
|nytpu 38e712a13f||3 years ago|
|LICENSE||3 years ago|
|README.md||3 years ago|
|gemlog.sh||3 years ago|
I've migrated the code to sourcehut. An archive of the code will remain in this repo, but it will no longer be updated. View the newest code here
To migrate your clone to the new repo, run:
git remote set-url origin https://git.sr.ht/~nytpu/gemlog.sh git pull
Utility for writing and managing gemini logs (gemlogs) and atom feeds without needing a cgi script.
toot you really should have all these installed if you're on linux.
bashand all its goodies (duh)
- the toot cli — only if you're using the automatic mastodon toot functionality
- put it wherever you want and just add it to path
- make sure you modify
build_entries()in the script to customize it to your gemlog.
- Write your post in .gmi format. The first header of any level on the page
will be used as a title (it doesn't have to be on the first line). The
script will detect any .gmi files that start with a number and assume
they're blog posts. It'll display them in reverse alphabetical order, so I
recommend to name your files like
YYYY-MM-DD-title-here.gmiso you get them sorted nicely in reverse chronological order.
- make sure you're in your gemlog directory then run
gemlog.shto build the index page and the atom feed
- if you want your atom feed to be accessible over the web as well as gemini, symlink the atom.xml file to your web server directory