You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
||5 months ago|
|sigils||5 months ago|
|.gitignore||5 months ago|
|gen_cert.sh||5 months ago|
|hellgate.js||5 months ago|
|license||5 months ago|
|mandatory-js-project-logo.png||5 months ago|
|package-lock.json||5 months ago|
|package.json||5 months ago|
|preload.js||5 months ago|
|readme.md||5 months ago|
|writing_sigils.md||5 months ago|
- xvfb (if you're running it headless)
sudo apt install libgtk2.0-0 libgconf-2-4(if you're on debian, other distros idk)
sudo apt install xvfb(again, on debian)
git clone https://tildegit.org/sose/hellgate
sudo npm install -g electron --unsafe-perm=true
xvfb-run npm start
- the server will listen on localhost
what is this?
- hellgate is a web browser with a gemini server attached
- ask the server for a webpage and it will access it, render it, and send it to you in gemtext format
why not just use
curl and convert the html to gemtext?
what is the
sigils dir for?
- hellgate is extensible through the use of files called 'sigils'
- sigils are located in the
sigilsdir and are titled with the domain name of their corresponding website
- see writing sigils for more info on how to write a sigil
- if you write a new sigil for a specific website, don't hesitate to send it as a pull request to this repo
- as of right now the npm version of gemini-server is broken, use the version from github or this will not work