This was written as I gutted
relaybot while trying stop the second relay bot from failing to connect, preventing the relay from functioning. As such, it does not provide
relaybot's support for runtime configuration changes or passworded channels. The design does not unduly impede the implementation of these abilities if need be. Unlike
RelayBot allows connecting to different ports on the same host simultaniously.
This distribution includes
run.sh for easier control of the daemon.
- Default: simple two-way relaying.
- NickServ: authenticates with nickserv before joining channels.
- FLIP: specialized mode for FLIP which removes the numbered suffix on outgoing usernames.
- RelayByCommand: only messages with the bot's name followed by a colon will be relayed.
- Python 2.6.6-ish or higher
pip install Twisted
Edit the sample config file as desired. If no local value exists for a section and the default is not defined, startup will fail.
sh run.sh start
On startup, the config file is read, and for each section the local entry is preferred over the default one. For each defined host, an instance of
IRCRelay or a subclass thereof (depending on
mode) connects to the host and joins the channel. Each instance relays events to the others though a global
Communicator class with which it registers. When the bot recieves a message, if it is to the channel it relays it.