|ef2080b3ac||4 months ago|
|planet||4 months ago|
|scripts/package||7 months ago|
|.gitignore||1 year ago|
|LICENSE||11 months ago|
|Makefile||8 months ago|
|README.md||7 months ago|
|requirements.txt||8 months ago|
|screenshot.png||11 months ago|
An interactive launcher for MCPi-Reborn.
Try Planet now »
Report Bug | Request Feature | Website (Under Development)
Table Of Contents
About The Project
The Minecraft Pi: Reborn mod is a great addition to the game. However, as fun as it can be, there is a big problem. The built-in launcher is too annoying. You have to type in every single field to just remember that you forgot to turn on a teeny little flag. Planet fixes that. Instead of making you type in every single field, Planet lets you write it one time, auto-save, and forget for the rest of your life. With Planet you can even edit the world names and it supports the newly-introduced Reborn AppImages. It is also maintained unlike the other launchers.
- The GUI is made using the PyQt5 Qt binding for Python, and additional widgets from qtwidgets.
- Big thanks to
pypresencedevelopers, for making such a good interface to Discord RPC.
- Thanks to
darkdetectfor awesome Qt theming tools.
- Pillow was used for skin manipulation
- The NBT editor is now served through
- Texture packs are installed through
- Minecraft Pi: Reborn AppImage or DEB install
- Python 3
If you're installing a DEB, all of them with the exception of Minecraft: Pi Edition: Reborn will be automatically installed. Please install an AppImage for the latest build. If you want a DEB, please consider checking out MCPI++.
Option A (Raspberry Pi Only)
Option B (Raspberry Pi Only)
planet-launcher package through APT.
Option C (Any Debian-Based)
Use our PPA
Option D (Manual Installation)
- Download the DEB from the releases section.
- Install the DEB using
- Follow the on-screen instructions
gMCPIL vs jMCPIL vs pipan vs Planet
|Profile & feature saving||Yes||Bullseye only||Yes||No||No|
|Legacy DEB support||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Supported on Debian Buster||Yes, some bugs exist||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|External server support||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Flatpak support||Not tested||No||No||No||Yes|
|Easy GUI navigation||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Built-in NBT editor||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Texure pack support||Yes||No||No||No||No|
- Use Planet if you want a maintained and a feature-rich launcher.
- Use gMCPIL if you are on Debian Bullseye, using a DEB install OR want a basic experience
- Use jMCPIL if you're using a DEB install on a distro other than Debian Bullseye
- Use the built-in launcher if you like to fill in things constantly
- Don't use pipan, it's a dirty prototype, not a working launcher
- AppImage support
- Skin support
- NBT editor
- Localization system
- Texture pack support
- Chat logging
Permission denied or
No such file or directory
You have run Planet with
sudo. NEVER RUN PLANET WITH SUDO. THIS MAKES YOU LOSE OWNERSHIP OF FOLDERS AND BREAKS PLANET.
Creating A Pull Request
- Fork the Project
- Create your Feature Branch (
git checkout -b feature/AmazingFeature)
- Commit your Changes (
git commit -m 'Add some AmazingFeature')
- Push to the Branch (
git push origin feature/AmazingFeature)
- Open a Pull Request
Adding a translation
- Register an account on Crowdin
- Go to our project page
- Start translating. If the desired langauge is not available, start a new thread.
- Patiently wait until your translation is reviewed and added.
Please don't add fake translations, invalid or rude translations.
Planet is licensed under the GNU Affero General Public License
- cdtso - Creator and maintainer
- Red-exe-engineer - Active contributor
- Grimet14 - Active contributor
- g4o2 - Making the website look better
- Bigjango13 - Multiple fixes
- Spanish translation by BasedSkeleton
- Russian translation by cdtso
- Polish translation by karolxyz8
- Heart, Planet, Pi, Steve and Portal icons by cdtso.
- Wrench by Santoniche on OpenGameArt.org.